Homemade Lamington Recipe!
There is nothing more Australian than a good lamington! These were so yummy and went down so well on Australia Day.
125g Butter, Softened
1 Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 3/4 Cups Self Raising Flour, Sifted
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups Desiccated Coconut
3 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar
1/4 Cup Cocoa
1 Tablespoon Butter, Softened
1/2 Cup Boling Water
1. Preheat oven to 160*c fan forced. Grease a lamington/slice tin and line it with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well in between.
4. Sift the flour and add it to the butter mixture.
5. Add in the milk and stir to combine.
6. Spoon the mixture into prepared tin and smooth down the top.
7. Place the tin in the oven for 30 minutes. Check to see centre is cooked with a skewer. It is ready when the skewer comes out clean.
8. Stand in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn it onto a wire rack, cover and leave to cool down completely and cold.
1. Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add butter and boiling water and stir until smooth.
2. Cut the cake into rectangles.
3. Use a fork to dip the pieces into the icing and then coat them in coconut.
4. Leave the lamingtons to set for at least 2 hours before serving.